Hi there, so I understand you are looking for a home business opportunity? If you join here now, you can make tens of thousands of dollars in just a few short weeks. All you have to do is invest in a boat load of these Red Flags! Don’t worry about the large start up costs… that will surely pay for itself when you figure out how to sell these Red Flags to others. Just sign right here and we will help you…
YIKES! Sounds pretty obvious, right? Well, it isn’t always so easy to determine what is legitimate and what “business opportunities” can do harm to you and your family. With an increasing amount of scams on the internet posing as legitimate home businesses it is becoming more and more difficult to find a business opportunity that is not going to take your money and run.
Let’s consider some criteria you can use to see the Red Flags:
1. Length of Time in Business ~ I would not invest my time, money, and resources into any home business opportunity that has not been successfully in business for at least five years. Most scams, schemes, and other bad business opportunities will not make it to the five year mark.
2. Proven Business System ~ Is there a proven successful business system you can train on and get up and running quickly? You don’t want to spend all of your time “reinventing the wheel.”
3. Hyped Guarantees ~ People want you to know that the opportunity they have for you is the best. Some hype can be expected. However, you need to watch out for the business opportunities that overdue it. For example, any home business that “guarantees” you will make hundreds, thousands, or even millions of dollars, in any amount of time, is flat out lying to you. No one can make that kind of guarantee.
4. Credibility ~ PLEASE check and make sure it is in good standing with the Better Business Bureau. It should have a favorable rating and a good reputation with current and previous members.
5. Products/Services ~ Is the product or service something that people will actually want, need or use often? Look for a business opportunity with products that are used regularly. This will help you tremendously in getting new customers as well as build residual income from current customers.
6. Joining Fees ~ Not every legitimate home business is free. In fact, many are not, but it is definitely a good sign if they at least let you check it out for free to see if it is for you. I don’t know of a business that doesn’t have some monetary investment to get started, but that should not be an issue when you are just trying to learn about the business.
7. Free Website ~ You will definitely need to get your own website sometime in the future but when you are just beginning you probably won’t have one yet. The business that you are joining should provide a free website or at least offer access to one fairly inexpensively for use. Chances are that you won’t be able to make changes to it, but you can at least send prospects to your site.
8. Compensation Plan ~ Ask yourself these questions regarding compensation: How hard is it to get in profit? Can you earn a full time income with them? Are the income expectations reasonable (see #3)? There should be a clear compensation plan and you should earn commissions from your very first ‘sale.’
9. Resources and Training ~ Every good home business opportunity should have a resource center that members can go to for support, training, and resources to help them succeed with their home business. Members should have two or more of the following available to them at all times: upline members, email support, phone support, live chat, scheduled meetings or a forum.
10. Instincts ~ Use the above information as well as your own instincts when selecting a home business and you should never get scammed!
My good friend and colleague wrote a great article that relates to finding a legitimate home based business. I hope the next time you are looking for a legitimate venture to consider, you are able to avoid buying into a boat load of Red Flags. Would love to hear what you have found out there and what your experience was with that company!
No related posts.